The caveats for tea tree oil use, including tips on safe storage.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
What about the reports of gynecomastia (abnormal breast development) among young boys exposed to tea tree oil? That’s the subject of my next video Does Tea Tree Oil Have Hormonal Side Effects? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Tea-Tree-Oil-Have-Hormonal-Side-Effects).
So far I think I have three other tea tree oil vids. Check them out here:
• Do Natural and DIY Tea Tree Oil Cleaning Products Disinfect as Well as Bleach? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Do-Natural-and-DIY-Tea-Tree-Oil-Cleaning-Products-Disinfect-as-Well-as-bleach)
• Does Tea Tree Oil Work for Dandruff and Athlete’s Foot? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Tea-Tree-Oil-Work-for-Dandruff-and-Athletes-Foot)
• Does Tea Tree Oil Work for Nail Fungus? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Tea-Tree-Oil-Work-for-Nail-Fungus)
I also did some videos on aloe with similar caveats about internal use:
• Is Aloe Effective for Blood Pressure, Inflammatory Bowel, Wound Healing, and Burns? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-aloe-effective-for-blood-pressure-inflammatory-bowel-wound-healing-and-burns/)
• Aloe Vera Gel: Best Treatment for Lichen Planus? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/aloe-vera-gel-best-treatment-for-lichen-planus)
• Aloe for the Treatment of Advanced Metastatic Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/aloe-for-the-treatment-of-advanced-metastatic-cancer)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-tea-tree-oil-safe and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-tea-tree-oil-safe. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/