Addyi (flibanserin) the drug marketed for “hypoactive sexual desire disorder” is ineffective and unsafe. What about dietary approaches for female sexual dysfunction?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
The psychiatry profession is infamous for colluding with drug companies to invent new mental disorders. I have some videos already scripted in the queue on “orthorexia.” Subscribe (https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/) if you haven’t already to get notified so you don’t miss it.
If this video didn’t upset you enough about the stranglehold Big Pharma has on the mental health profession, take a gander at Do Antidepressant Drugs Really Work? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work/)
On a happier note, more on the benefits of apples:
• The Antioxidant Effects of Acai vs. Apples (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Help-with-Weight-Loss)
• Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help with Weight Loss? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-apple-cider-vinegar-help-with-weight-loss)
• Apple Skin: Peeling Back Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple-skin-peeling-back-cancer/)
• Dried Apples Versus Cholesterol (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple-skin-peeling-back-cancer/)
• Apple Peels Put to the Test for Chronic Joint Pain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple-peels-put-to-the-test-for-chronic-joint-pain)
• Does an Apple a Day Really Keep the Doctor Away (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-an-apple-a-day-really-keep-the-doctor-away)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-apples-the-best-food-for-a-better-sex-life-in-women and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-apples-the-best-food-for-a-better-sex-life-in-women. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/