How does Dr. Greger come up with his videos?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
If NutritionFacts.org has helped you or your family in any way and you’d like to do your part to keep the site going strong, please consider joining the thousands of individuals who support this important work and make a donation (https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/).
This video is part of an experiment to find ways to appeal to those new to the site. So much of what I do is targeted towards those who already know the basics, but in the user survey about a thousand of you filled out a few weeks ago, many of you asked for me to take a step back and do some videos targeted more towards those new to evidence-based nutrition.
So with the volunteer help of videographer Grant Peacock (http://www.gpi.tv/) I came up with ten introduction and overview-type videos for both new users to orient themselves, and for long-time users to use to introduce people to the site.
The first four are already up:
• The Story of NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-story-of-nutritionfacts-org/)
• Why You Should Care About Nutrition (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-you-should-care-about-nutrition)
• Taking Personal Responsibility for Your Health (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/taking-personal-responsibility-for-your-health)
• The Philosophy of NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-philosophy-of-nutritionfacts-org)
Stay tuned for:
• How Not to Die from Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease/)
• How Not to Die from Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer/)
• How Not to Die from Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/)
• How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-kidney-disease/)
• How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-high-blood-pressure)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/behind-the-scenes-at-nutritionfacts-org and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/behind-the-scenes-at-nutritionfacts-org. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/