What would happen if you stopped brushing your teeth but ate healthier?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
It should come as no surprise that a healthy foods can benefit all parts of the body, but I still love to see the data!
More on dental and oral health:
• Plant-Based Diets: Oral Health (http://bit.ly/plant-based-diets-oral-health)
• Plant-Based Diets: Dental Health (http://bit.ly/plant-based-diets-dental-health)
• What’s the Best Mouthwash? (http://bit.ly/whats-the-best-mouthwash)
• Protecting Teeth From Hibiscus Tea (http://bit.ly/Protecting-Teeth-From-Hibiscus-Tea)
• Antibacterial Toothpaste: Harmful, Helpful, or Harmless? (hhttp://bit.ly/antibacterial-toothpaste-harmful-helpful-or-harmless)
• Do Raisins Cause Cavities? (http://bit.ly/do-raisins-cause-cavities)
• Is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Safe? (http://bit.ly/Is-sodium-Lauryl-Sulfate-Safe)
• Oil Pulling Benefits for Plaque and Gingivitis (http://bit.ly/oil-pulling-benefits-for-plaque-and-gingivitis)
• The Risks of Oil Pulling (http://bit.ly/the-risks-of-oil-pulling)
More on that red pigment in tomatoes in Lycopene Supplements vs. Prostate Cancer (http://bit.ly/lycopene-supplements-vs-prostate-cancer) and Tomato Sauce vs. Prostate Cancer (http://bit.ly/Tomato-Sauce-vs-Prostate-Cancer).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://bit.ly/best-food-for-periodontal-disease-and-gingivitis and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://bit.ly/best-food-for-periodontal-disease-and-gingivitis. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/