Vitamin C, turmeric, beta glucan fiber, and vitamin B12 are put to the test for recurring canker sores (aphthous ulcers).
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Here’s the link to the video I referred to about the remarkable honey results: Topical Honey for Canker Sores (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Role-of-Dairy-and-Gluten-in-Canker-Sores).
What else can be done about canker sores? Check out these vids:
• Is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-sodium-Lauryl-Sulfate-Safe)
• Is CABP in SLS-Free Toothpaste Any Better? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-CABP-in-SLS-Free-Toothpaste-Any-Better)
• The Role of Dairy and Gluten in Canker Sores (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Role-of-Dairy-and-Gluten-in-Canker-Sores)
I haven’t done vitamin B12 videos in a while, but here are the three most recent on the its critical importance for anyone eating a plant-based diet:
• Vitamin B12 Necessary for Arterial Health (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/vitamin-b12-necessary-for-arterial-health/)
• Preventing Brain Loss with B Vitamins? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-brain-loss-with-b-vitamins)
• Best Foods to Reduce Stroke Risk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-foods-to-reduce-stroke-risk/)
Not familiar with the benefits of nutritional yeast? Check out:
• Best Food to Prevent Common Childhood Infections (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Food-to-Prevent-Common-Childhood-Infections)
• Best Food to Counter Stress-Induced Immune Suppression (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Food-to-Counter-stress-Induced-Immune-Suppression)
• Best Food for Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergies) (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Food-for-Hay-Fever-Seasonal-Allergies)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-supplement-for-canker-sores and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-supplement-for-canker-sores. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/