How much does sweating via sauna or exercise get rid of lead and mercury?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Here’s the video I mentioned about the absorption of lead through the skin: Is Henna Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-henna-safe).
How about diet instead? See: How to Lower Heavy Metal Levels with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Lower-Heavy-Metal-Levels-with-diet).
What about chelation therapy? Here you go: Heavy Metal Urine Testing and Chelation for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Heavy-Metal-Urine-testing-and-Chelation-for-Autism).
What about the non-heavy metal aluminum? Check out: Antiperspirants and Breast Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Antiperspirants-and-Breast-Cancer).
I did a everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-lead-but-were-afraid-to-ask series on lead awhile back. Here’s the whole list if you’re interested:
• How the Lead Paint Industry Got Away With It (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-the-Lead-Paint-Industry-Got-Away-With-It)
• Lead in Drinking Water (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-in-drinking-water)
• How the Leaded Gas Industry Got Away With It (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-the-Leaded-Gas-Industry-Got-Away-With-It)
• “Normal” Blood Lead Levels Can Be Toxic (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Normal-Blood-Lead-Levels-Can-Be-Toxic)
• The Effects of Low-Level Lead Exposure in Adults (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Effects-of-Low-Level-Lead-Exposure-in-Adults)
• How to Lower Lead Levels with Diet: Thiamine, Fiber, Iron, Fat, Fasting? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Lower-Lead-Levels-with-Diet-Thiamine-Fiber-Iron-Fat-Fasting)
• How to Lower Lead Levels with Diet: Breakfast, Whole Grains, Milk, Tofu? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Lower-Lead-Levels-with-Diet-Breakfast-Whole-Grains-Milk-Tofu)
• Best Foods for Lead Poisoning: Chlorella, Cilantro, Tomatoes, Moringa? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Foods-for-Lead-Poisoning-Chlorella-Cilantro-Tomatoes-Moringa)
• Best Food for Lead Poisoning – Garlic (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Food-for-Lead-Poisoning-Garlic)
• Can Vitamin C Help with Lead Poisoning? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Can-Vitamin-C-Help-with-Lead-Poisoning)
• Yellow Bell Peppers for Male Infertility and Lead Poisoning? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Yellow-Bell-Peppers-for-Male-Infertility-and-Lead-Poisoning)
• Lead Contamination in Hot Sauces (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-contamination-in-hot-sauces)
• The Rise in Blood Lead Levels at Pregnancy and Menopause (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Rise-in-Blood-Lead-Levels-at-Pregnancy-and-Menopause)
• Should Pregnant Women Take Calcium Supplements to Lower Lead Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Should-Pregnant-Women-Take-Calcium-Supplements-to-Lower-Lead-Levels)
• Lead in Calcium Supplements (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Lead-in-Calcium-Supplements)
• How Much Lead Is in Organic Chicken Soup (Bone Broth)? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-much-lead-is-in-organic-chicken-soup-bone-broth)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-saunas-detoxify-lead-from-the-body and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-saunas-detoxify-lead-from-the-body. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/