The science behind the marketing of foods for antidepressant effects.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Isn’t that unbelievable? Now you know why I try to stick to human studies on NutritionFacts.org.
Here’s a link to the video I referred to : Do Antidepressant Drugs Really Work? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work).
What about Coconut Water for Athletic Performance vs. Sports Drinks? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/Coconut-Water-for-Athletic-Performance-vs-Sports-Drinks). Check out the video!
What about coconut oil? See, for example:
• Coconut Oil and the Boost in HDL “Good” Cholesterol (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Coconut-Oil-and-the-Boost-in-HDL-Good-Cholesterol)
• What About Coconuts, Coconut Milk, and Coconut Oil MCTs? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/What-About-Coconuts-Coconut-Milk-and-Coconut-Oil-MCTs)
• Eczema Treatment with Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, vs. Vaseline (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Eczema-Treatment-with-Coconut-Oil-Mineral-Oil-vs-Vaseline)
• Coconut Oil and Abdominal Fat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/coconut-oil-and-abdominal-fat)
How can we boost mood naturally?
• Anti-inflammatory Diet for Depression (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-diet for-depression)
• Plant-Based Diets for Improved Mood and Productivity (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-for-improved-mood-and-productivity)
• Antioxidants and Depression (https://nutrititionfacts.org/video/Antioxidants-and-Depression)
• Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-vs-drugs-for-depression)
• Fighting the Blues with Greens? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fighting-the-blues-with-greens-mao-inhibitors-in-plants/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/coconut-water-and-depression and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/coconut-water-and-depression. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/