How to choose the healthiest coffee and the effects of adding milk vs. soymilk.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
The video I referred to is Nutrient Blocking Effects of Dairy (http://bit.ly/nutrient-blocking-effects-of-dairy). I was excited to see all the new data. Here’s more on the pros/cons of coffee:
• Coffee and Cancer (http://bit.ly/coffee-and-cancer)
• Preventing Liver Cancer with Coffee? (http://bit.ly/preventing-liver-cancer-with-coffee)
• Coffee and Artery Function (http://bit.ly/Coffee-and-Artery-Function)
• Coffee and Mortality (http://bit.ly/coffee-mortality)
Here’s the effects of dairy on berries: Benefits of Blueberries for Blood Pressure May Be Blocked by Yogurt (http://bit.ly/benefits-of-blueberries-for-blood-pressure-may-be-blocked-by-yogurt).
I can imagine folks wondering about other milks. Almond, rice, and coconut-based milks have so little protein that I doubt there’d be a blocking effects but they’ve never been tested directly to my knowledge.
Here’s some answers to common soy questions I get:
• BRCA Breast Cancer Genes and Soy (http://bit.ly/brca-breast-cancer-genes-soy)
• GMO Soy and Breast Cancer (http://bit.ly/gmo-soy-and-breast-cancer)
• Who Shouldn’t Eat Soy? (http://bit.ly/who-shouldnt-eat-soy)
• Is Soy Healthy for Breast Cancer Survivors? (http://bit.ly/Is-Soy-Healthy-for-Breast-Cancer-Survivors)
• Soy Phytoestrogens for Menopause Hot Flashes (http://bit.ly/Soy-Phytoestrogens-for-Menopause-Hot-Flashes)
• How to Convert Into an Equol Producer (http://bit.ly/How-to-Convert-Into-an-Equol-Producer)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://bit.ly/does-adding-milk-block-the-benefits-of-coffee and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://bit.ly/does-adding-milk-block-the-benefits-of-coffee. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/