Take Dr. Berg’s Free Keto Mini-Course: http://pxlme.me/-i717vtY or go here: https://www.drberg.com/how-to-do-ketosis
Download Keto Essentials
If you are new to Dr. Berg’s channel, this is the first video to watch. Dr. Berg talks about the basics of healthy Ketogenic Diet and Intermittent Fasting.
What is Keto or Ketosis?
• Keto means fat burning
• When you burn fat, the fat breaks down into what’s called Ketones where the body can use it as an alternative fuel, a much better fuel-source than sugar fuel.
• Healthy Ketosis is a version of regular ketosis based on a principle where you have to “Get healthy first, then lose the weight.” And “get healthy” means related to eating healthy high quality foods that is providing all of your nutrients.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
• It is a pattern of eating and not eating. Instead of doing 3-6 meals a day and snacking, you are eating less frequently because every time you eat you raise the hormone called Insulin.
How to Lower Insulin?
• Less to Zero Carbohydrates – Sugar, refined carbs, grains, pasta, cereal, biscuits, juice, alcohol, etc.
• Less frequent meals
High Insulin Symptoms
• Belly Fat
• High Blood Pressure
• High Cholesterol
• Fatigue (especially after eating)
• Decrease Cognitive Function, Lack of Focus, Poor Memory
• Moody, irritable, depressed, grouchy
• Hungry all the time (especially in between meals)
Benefits of Keto and Intermittent Fasting
• Weight loss
• Reducing Inflammation
• Cognitive Function
• Overall mood
• Making the body work better
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 52 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG’S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/bio
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.