The elimination of all dairy products was found to cure constipation in up to 100% of kids tested, leading to a resolution of rectal inflammation and complications such as anal fissures.
Get the preface for Dr. Greger’s brand-new book, How Not to Diet, by subscribing to his free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Isn’t this amazing? I just kept thinking, “why didn’t I learn this in medical school?” Is the dairy lobby so persuasive that a cheap, simple, safe, life-changing intervention like this remains buried? Until now!
Avoiding dairy may be important for infant health too. Watch my 3-part video series:
• Cow’s Milk-Induced Infant Apnea (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cows-milk-induced-infant-apnea/)
• Cow’s Milk Casomorphin & Crib Death (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cows-milk-casomorphin-and-crib-death/)
• Cow’s Milk Casomorphin & Autism (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cows-milk-casomorphin-and-autism/)
Then the effects on adolescents and beyond:
• Protein, Puberty, & Pollutants (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/protein-puberty-and-pollutants/)
• The Acne-Promoting Effects of Milk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-acne-promoting-effects-of-milk/)
• Saving Lives by Treating Acne With Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/saving-lives-by-treating-acne-with-diet/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-childhood-constipation-cows-milk and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-childhood-constipation-cows-milk. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Image Credit: Tom & Katrien via Flickr.
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/