Why don’t authorities advocate a sufficient reduction in cholesterol down to safe levels?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
It’s imperative for everyone to understand Dr. Rose’s sick population concept, which I introduced in When Low Risk Means High Risk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/when-low-risk-means-high-risk).
What about large fluffy LDL cholesterol versus small and dense? See Does Cholesterol Size Matter? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cholesterol-size-matter).
More from the Framingham Heart Study in Barriers to Heart Disease Prevention (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/barriers-to-heart-disease-prevention).
Here are a few newer cholesterol videos:
• Eggs and Cholesterol: Patently False and Misleading Claims (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-cholesterol-patently-false-and-misleading-claims)
• Carnitine, Choline, Cancer, and Cholesterol: The TMAO Connection (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/carnitine-choline-cancer-and-cholesterol-the-tmao-connection)
• How to Prevent Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prevent-non-alcoholic-fatty-liver-disease)
• Dietary Cholesterol and Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-cholesterol-and-cancer)
And of course, this overview video is always a good reference: How Not to Die from Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-optimal-cholesterol-level and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flashback-friday-optimal-cholesterol-level. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/