There may be a way to get the benefits of over-the-counter melatonin supplements without the risk.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Isn’t that mind blowing?! I love it when there are safe, simple, side effect-free solutions.
This is the last in a 3-video series on jet lag and melatonin. If you missed the first two, check out How to Treat Jet Lag with Light (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-jet-lag-with-light) and Are Melatonin Supplements Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Melatonin-Supplements-Safe).
More nutty videos here:
• Pistachio Nuts for Erectile Dysfunction (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/pistachio-nuts-for-erectile-dysfunction/)
• Nuts May Help Prevent Death (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/nuts-may-help-prevent-death/)
• Which Nut Fights Cancer Better? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-nut-fights-cancer-better/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-jet-lag-with-melatonin-rich-food and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-jet-lag-with-melatonin-rich-food. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/