The risk of lead and PPD contamination of red and black henna.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
This is a continuation of my everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-lead-but-were-afraid-to-ask series. Here’s the rest if you want to binge watch:
• How the Lead Paint Industry Got Away With It (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-the-Lead-Paint-Industry-Got-Away-With-It)
• Lead in Drinking Water (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-in-drinking-water)
• How the Leaded Gas Industry Got Away With It (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/%E2%80%A2How-the-Leaded-Gas-Industry-Got-Away-With-It)
• “Normal” Blood Lead Levels Can Be Toxic (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Normal-Blood-Lead-Levels-Can-Be-Toxic)
• The Effects of Low-Level Lead Exposure in Adults (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Effects-of-Low-Level-Lead-Exposure-in-Adults)
• How to Lower Lead Levels with Diet: Thiamine, Fiber, Iron, Fat, Fasting? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Lower-Lead-Levels-with-Diet-Thiamine-Fiber-Iron-Fat-Fasting)
• How to Lower Lead Levels with Diet: Breakfast, Whole Grains, Milk, Tofu? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Lower-Lead-Levels-with-Diet-Breakfast-Whole-Grains-Milk-Tofu)
• Best Foods for Lead Poisoning: Chlorella, Cilantro, Tomatoes, Moringa? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Foods-for-Lead-Poisoning-Chlorella-Cilantro-Tomatoes-Moringa)
• Best Food for Lead Poisoning – Garlic (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Food-for-Lead-Poisoning-Garlic)
• Can Vitamin C Help with Lead Poisoning? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Can-Vitamin-C-Help-with-Lead-Poisoning)
• Yellow Bell Peppers for Male Infertility and Lead Poisoning? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Yellow-Bell-Peppers-for-Male-Infertility-and-Lead-Poisoning)
• Lead Contamination in Hot Sauces (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-contamination-in-hot-sauces)
• The Rise in Blood Lead Levels at Pregnancy and Menopause (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Rise-in-Blood-Lead-Levels-at-Pregnancy-and-Menopause)
• Should Pregnant Women Take Calcium Supplements to Lower Lead Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Should-Pregnant-Women-Take-Calcium-Supplements-to-Lower-Lead-Levels)
• Lead in Calcium Supplements (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Lead-in-Calcium-Supplements)
• How Much Lead Is in Organic Chicken Soup (Bone Broth)? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-much-lead-is-in-organic-chicken-soup-bone-broth)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-henna-safe and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-henna-safe. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/