The clinical use of ketogenic diets for epilepsy and cancer: what does the science say?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
“Keto” has been the most-searched keyword on NutritionFacts.org for months, and I didn’t have much specific to offer…until now.
This is the first in a 7-video series. Here is what’s to come:
• Keto Diet Theory Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diet-theory-put-to-the-test)
• Keto Diet Results for Weight Loss (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Keto-diet-Results-for-Weight-Loss)
• Is Weight Loss on Ketosis Sustainable? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-Weight-Loss-on-Ketosis-Sustainable)
• Are Keto Diets Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-keto-diets-safe)
• Keto Diets: Muscle Growth and Bone Density (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Keto-Diets-Muscle-Growth-and-Bone-Density)
• Does a Ketogenic Diet Help Diabetes or Make It Worse? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-a-ketogenic-diet-help-diabetes-or-make-it-worse)
For an overview of my cancer work, watch How Not to Die from Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-keto-an-effective-cancer-fighting-diet and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-keto-an-effective-cancer-fighting-diet. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Ted Eytan / flickr
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/