The natural plant-based sweeteners stevia and monk fruit (Luo Han Guo) are pitted head-to-head against aspartame and Splenda.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
This is a link to the video I referred to: Is Stevia Good for You? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-stevia-good-for-you)
I also have some other videos on aspartame and Splenda:
• Aspartame and the Brain (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Aspartame-and-the-Brain)
• Effect of Sucralose (Splenda) on the Microbiome (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/effect-of-sucralose-splenda-on-the-microbiome)
• Does Aspartame Cause Cancer? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-aspartame-cause-cancer)
• Does Diet Soda Increase Stroke Risk as Much as Regular Soda? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-diet-soda-increase-stroke-risk-as-much-as-regular-soda)
Of course sugar isn’t good for you either. How Much Added Sugar is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-added-sugar-is-too-much/) and
If Fructose Is Bad, What About Fruit? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit).
Can you overdo fruit? Find out in How Much Fruit Is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-fruit-is-too-much).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-monk-fruit-sweetener-safe and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-monk-fruit-sweetener-safe. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/