Researchers tested 76 samples of different kinds of meat, both organic and conventional, for 33 different carcinogens.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
There are also Carcinogens in Meat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/carcinogens-in-meat) that are created during cooking. That was the topic of my last video. I also recently did one about the heavy metals issue: How to Lower Heavy Metal Levels with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Lower-Heavy-Metal-Levels-with-Diet).
What about organic versus conventional produce? Check out:
• Are Organic Foods More Nutritious? (https://nutrititionfacts.org/video/Are-Organic-Foods-More-Nutritious)
• Are Organic Foods Safer? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-organic-foods-safer)
• How to Make Your Own Fruit and Vegetable Wash (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-make-your-own-fruit-and-vegetable-wash)
• Are Organic Foods Healthier? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Organic-Foods-Healthier)
• Are the Benefits of Organic Food Underrated or Overrated? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-the-benefits-of-organic-food-underrated-or-overrated)
• Is Monstanto’s Roundup Pesticide Glyphosate Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-monsantos-roundup-pesticide-glyphosate-safe/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-organic-meat-less-carcinogenic and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-organic-meat-less-carcinogenic. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/