Might the appetite-suppressing effects of ketosis improve dietary compliance?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
This is in contrast to a diet that it would actually be healthful to stick to. See for example my video series on the CHIP program:
• What Is the Optimal Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-optimal-diet)
• The Weight Loss Program that Got Better with Time (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Weight-Loss-Program-That-Got-Better-with-Time)
• CHIP: The Complete Health Improvement Program (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/chip-the-complete-health-improvement-program/)
This was the 4th video in a 7-part series on keto diets. If you haven’t yet, be sure to watch the first three:
• Is Keto an Effective Cancer-Fighting Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-Keto-an-Effective-Cancer-Fighting-Diet)
• Keto Diet Theory Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keto-diet-theory-put-to-the-test)
• Keto Diet Results for Weight Loss (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Keto-diet-Results-for-Weight-Loss)
Stay tuned for:
• Are Keto Diets Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-keto-diets-safe)
• Keto Diets: Muscle Growth and Bone Density (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Keto-Diets-Muscle-Growth-and-Bone-Density)
• Does a Ketogenic Diet Help Diabetes or Make It Worse? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-a-ketogenic-diet-help-diabetes-or-make-it-worse)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-weight-loss-on-ketosis-sustainable and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-weight-loss-on-ketosis-sustainable. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Ted Eytan / flickr
#ketodiet #keto #drgreger
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/