Take Dr. Berg’s Free Keto Mini-Course: http://pxlme.me/-i717vtY or go here: https://www.drberg.com/how-to-do-ketosis
Download Keto Essentials
Have you ever feel that your brain is actually shrinking and you have brain atrophy? In this video, Dr. Berg talks about brain shrinking or brain atrophy. And as you age, the brain could potentially shrink by 4% each year that could lead to all sort of cognitive deficiencies like lack of focus, concentration and memory.
What Happen When Your Brain Shrinks?
• Lose circulation
• Lose ability to use glucose fuel – cells couldn’t connect and cause a lack of communication.
Ways on How to Grow Back Your Brain?
1. B-Vitamins (DHA, Phytonutrients) – one of the symptoms of deficiency in B1 is called amnesia (Forgetting things). B1, B6, B12 and Folic acid are very important to maintain the fat around the nerves.
DHA sources: fatty fish, cod liver oil (https://www.amazon.com/Cod-Liver-Omega-Kosher-Pack/dp/B01J6AHSBS)
• Protects against environmental stress
• Protects against toxic effects of foods
• Protects against poor diets
• Protects from all oxidizes the tissue that creates free radicals
2. Blood Sugars (Neurodegeneration)
3. Stress – Lack of Sleep – The high levels of cortisol will create a similar effects and will mess up the blood sugars.
4. Smoking / Drinking – This will affect the brain physiology as well.
5. Ketones – If you don’t have the capacity of brain function or starting to lose the focus and concentration, you don’t want to run the majority of the brain on glucose. You want to run it on the alternative fuel called, ketones, a byproduct of burning fat.
6. Intermittent Fasting – It will increase the compound in the brain called BDNF or Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor that will help regrow the brain cells.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 52 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG’S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/bio
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.