Can ingested plastic particles from fish get into our bloodstream?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
This is the first in a three-video series on microplastics. Stay tuned for Are Microplastics in Seafood a Cancer Risk? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-microplastics-in-seafood-a-cancer-risk) and How Much Microplastic Is Found in Fish Fillets? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-microplastic-is-found-in-fish-fillets).
I’ve previously covered BPA in:
• BPA Plastic and Male Sexual Dysfunction (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/bpa-plastic-and-male-sexual-dysfunction/)
• Why BPA Hasn’t Been Banned (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-bpa-hasnt-been-banned/)
• Is Canned Fruit as Healthy? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-canned-fruit-as-healthy/)
• BPA on Receipts: Getting Under Our Skin (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/bpa-on-receipts-getting-under-our-skin/)
• How to Avoid the Obesity-Related Plastic Chemical BPA (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-avoid-the-obesity-related-plastic-chemical-bpa/)
• Are the BPA-Free Alternatives Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-the-bpa-free-alternatives-safe/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/microplastic-contamination-and-seafood-safety and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/microplastic-contamination-and-seafood-safety. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/