The CHIP program has attempted to take the pioneering lifestyle medicine work of Pritikin and Ornish and spread it out into the community.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
This is the first in a 4-video series on CHIP, the Complete Health Improvement Program. Stay tuned for:
• The Weight Loss Program That Got Better with Time (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Weight-Loss-Program-That-Got-Better-with-Time)
• CHIP, the Complete Health Improvement Program (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chip-the-complete-health-improvement-program)
• A Workplace Wellness Program that Works (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/a-workplace-wellness-program-that-works)
More on the power of lifestyle medicine in videos such as:
• Lifestyle Medicine: Treating the Causes of Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/lifestyle-medicine-treating-the-causes-of-disease/)
• What Diet Should Physician’s Recommend? (https://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/what-diet-should-physicians-recommend/)
• The Actual Benefit of Diet vs. Drugs (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Actual-Benefit-of-Diet-vs-Drugs)
• Why Prevention is Worth a Ton of Cure (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Why-Prevention-is-Worth-a-Ton-of-Cure)
• How Not to Die from Heart Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease)
• How Not to Die from Diabetes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-optimal-diet and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-optimal-diet. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/