Click Here to Subscribe: http://Bit.ly/ThomasVid
My Discount on Grass Finished Beef and Organic Chicken – NOTE* INTEGRITY IS IMPORTANT TO ME, and I want to note that Butcher Box Chicken can still be fed Organic Soy (which is much lower in the phyto-estrogens) http://butcherbox.com/thomasdelauer
Top 4 Sources of Estrogen Men Should Avoid – Thomas DeLauer
There are few things that have a greater impact on the male physique than estrogen. Okay, here’s the thing with this video. I’m not here to try to scare you into not consuming any kind of things that are going to trigger estrogen in your body. My purpose with this video, is to educate you so you can moderate consumption and make the right lifestyle changes. Not to scare the heck out of you.
Hey if you’re looking for an unbiased approach to health, wellness, and fitness then I encourage you to subscribe to my channel, make sure you hit that little bell button so you can turn on notifications and know whenever I post a new video on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays at seven am pacific time.
Alright, lets get down to the brass tags. So first off we have to understand just a little bit about estrogen. Okay. Estrogen is very important. We need it. Men need it. Women need it. But it’s also one of the things that if we over do just a tiny bit can send us into a downward spiral that destroys our physique. Okay. If you’re holding a lot of water, if you feel puffy, if you just feel like you’re having a hard time getting rid of excess body fat, then to be completely honest there’s a highly, highly likely chance that you are having an issue with estrogen. And a lot of it isn’t necessarily your fault. It can be the over consumption of things that are just seemingly healthy and I want to help you understand what they are. Because when we look at estrogen, you have to remember that it tells your body to enter into this aromatase cycle where it continues to build more fat. Once the aromatase enzyme is activated which processes estrogen within your body, it triggers your body to store fat. And the more fat cells that you have the more aromatase enzyme that you have. Which means some more activity, more aromatase activity, the more estrogenic activities. So more fat equals more estrogen. More estrogen equals more fat. Do the math. We have to control it and stop it somewhere.
So what we have to look at when it comes down to understanding the estrogens that we consume is the two different kinds. We have Xenoestrogens and Phytoestrogens. Xenoestrogens are foreign estrogens that are formed outside of an animal body, okay. And then we have Phytoestrogens which are estrogens that are formed inside of a plant. They both have very similar effects within the body but slightly different in term of their molecular makeup. So let’s take a look at the first think I want you to start modulating so you can really get a grasp on your estrogen.
Alright, this first one is going to be wheat and grains. I’m not going to tell you not to consume wheat and grains at all, but I am going to tell you to start considering your source and modulate it whenever you can. They are very high in a Xenoestrogen known as Zearalenone, also known as a ZEA.
1) Environmental exposure to xenoestrogens and oestrogen related cancers: reproductive system, breast, lung, kidney, pancreas, and brain. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3388472/
2) Dose-response effects of estrogenic mycotoxins (zearalenone, alpha- and beta-zearalenol) on motility, hyperactivation and the acrosome reaction of stallion sperm. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3213023/
3) Zearalenone, an Estrogenic Mycotoxin, Is an Immunotoxic Compound. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3968378/
4) Hormones in Dairy Foods and Their Impact on Public Health – A Narrative Review Article. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4524299/
5) Estrogen-Mimicking Compounds in Foods May Reduce Effectiveness of Breast Cancer Treatment. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.newswise.com/articles/estrogen-mimicking-compounds-in-foods-may-reduce-effectiveness-of-breast-cancer-treatment
6) Hinterthuer, A. (2008, September 1). Just How Harmful Are Bisphenol A Plastics? Retrieved from https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/just-how-harmful-are-bisphenol-a-plastics/
7) Most Plastic Products Release Estrogenic Chemicals: A Potential Health Problem That Can Be Solved. (1). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3222987/
8) Li DK , et al. (n.d.). Urine bisphenol-A (BPA) level in relation to s. quality. – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21035116