Click Here to Subscribe: http://Bit.ly/ThomasVid
Special Fan Discount on Four Sigmatic: http://foursigmatic.com/thomasdelauer
Top Natural Nootropics Proven to Boost Cognition & Productivity – Thomas DeLauer
What is a nootropic? Is it something that just makes you like, the movie “Limitless” where you just do whatever? Or is it something that allows you to just kind of tap into a little bit more of your brain, then you ordinarily would tap into on a day-to-day basis? What I’m going to do in this video is, I’m going to give you three kinds of natural nootropics that you can use. But before I do that, I do have to give a solid breakdown of what a nootropic truly is and what a nootropic is not.
So getting it out in the open. A nootropic is not the same as a smart drug, okay? A nootropic is something that is supposed to help improve mental function. They were originally put in place to help out in clinical settings, so in things like patient’s with Alzheimer’s or other neurodegenerative diseases.
So, even though they’re natural, they’re not synthetic. They still have clinical applications, and a lot of them got their [inaudible] proved through clinical applications. And we’ll talk about that a little bit in this video. But, I want to make sure that you’re clear that it’s not a smart drug, okay? We’re not talking about things like Modafinil or Adderall or race trams, or anything like that, or neurolept. Or anything that is … Could be misconstrued as a nootropic when it’s truly just a synthetic pharmaceutical. We’re not going down that road.
However, I will say it, that the nootropic effect of some of these natural compounds, can actually aggregate to have an even more powerful effect than a synthetic pharmaceutical. The first compound that I want to talk about is one that coincidentally enough, has a name that sort of sounds like it’d be pharmaceutical.
This is known as Huperzine. Huperzine is unique in that it’s extracted from moss. No, I don’t want you to go out to the forest and start eating gobs of moss, it’s a good way to get sick. But, Huperzine is extracted from moss and what makes it exceptionally unique, is that it has a very long half-life within the body. It absorbs very, very quick and then, it has a super long duration in the body. In fact, a longer duration than most pharmaceutical “smart drugs” have in the first place.
1) Kuo MF , et al. (n.d.). Focusing effect of acetylcholine on neuroplasticity in the human motor cortex. – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18160652
2) The Role of Acetylcholine in Learning and Memory. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2659740/
3) Sun QQ , et al. (n.d.). Huperzine-A capsules enhance memory and learning performance in 34 pairs of matched adolescent students. – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10678121
4) Top 13 Huperzine A Health Benefits + Dosage & Side Effects – Selfhacked. (2018, October 2). Retrieved from https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/huperzine-a/#Dosage_Studies_in_Humans
5) A ginkgo biloba extract promotes proliferation of endogenous neural stem cells in vascular dementia rats. (25). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4145911/
6) 24 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba – Selfhacked. (2018, October 2). Retrieved from https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/ginkgo-biloba/#4_Ginkgo_Biloba_is_Neuroprotective_and_Helps_Improve_Cognition
7) I, H. (n.d.). [Activity of Ginkgo biloba extract on short-term memory]. – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2947108
8) Examining Brain-Cognition Effects of Ginkgo Biloba Extract: Brain Activation in the Left Temporal and Left Prefrontal Cortex in an Object Working Memory Task. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3166615/
9) P, N. (n.d.). Can the cognitive enhancing effects of ginkgo biloba be explained by its pharmacology? – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11090296/
10) Mori K , et al. (n.d.). Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18844328
11) Darbinyan V , et al. (n.d.). Rhodiola rosea in stress induced fatigue–a double blind cross-over study of a standardized extract SHR-5 with a repeated low-dose regimen on the m… – PubMed – NCBI. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11081987
12) Protective Effects of a Rhodiola Crenulata Extract and Salidroside on Hippocampal Neurogenesis against Streptozotocin-Induced Neural Injury in the Rat. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3250459/