Dairy consumption is associated with years of advanced ovarian aging, thought to be due to the steroid hormones or endocrine-disrupting chemicals in cow milk.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals.
The video I mentioned about the effects of these estrogens and progesterone in men and prepubescent children is The Effects of Hormones in Dairy Milk on Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effects-of-hormones-in-dairy-milk-on-cancer).
I talk about the effect of dairy estrogen on male fertility in Dairy Estrogen & Male Fertility (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dairy-estrogen-and-male-fertility).
How else might diet effect fertility? See:
• Male Fertility and Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/male-fertility-and-diet/)
• The Role of Diet in Declining Sperm Counts (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Role-of-Diet-in-Declining-Sperm-Counts)
• Dietary Pollutants May Affect Testosterone Levels (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-pollutants-may-affect-testosterone-levels)
• Yellow Bell Peppers for Male Infertility and Lead Poisoning? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Yellow-Bell-Peppers-for-Male-Infertility-and-Lead-Poisoning)
• Do Cell Phones Lower Sperm Counts? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Do-Cell-Phones-Lower-Sperm-Counts)
• Does Laptop Wi-Fi Lower Sperm Counts? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-laptop-wi-fi-lower-sperm-counts/)
• The Effects of Marijuana on Fertility & Pregnancy (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effects-of-marijuana-on-fertility-and-pregnancy/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effects-of-hormones-in-milk-on-infertility-in-women and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effects-of-hormones-in-milk-on-infertility-in-women. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then "Subtitles/CC."
Image credit: Debby Hudson / unsplash
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/